012/2019 University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Start of Habilitation process at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
04/2011-04/2016 University of Mainz, Germany
PhD (Dr. phil.) in Political Science (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Kai Arzheimer).
09/2008-05/2009 University of Glasgow, UK
Exchange year, Political Science and Computer Science.
10/2005-03/2011 University of Mainz and University of Freiburg, Germany
Magister Artium (= Master of Arts)
Joint degree: Political Science (major), Computer Science, and Accounting.
Master thesis „The voters of the extreme right – an empirical analysis of the NPD’s voters 1969“.
Since 12/2019 Head of Data and Methods
German Centre for Integration and Migration Research (DeZIM)
10/2016-11/2019: Post-Doctoral Researcher & Project Manager (Immigrant German Election Study)
Chair for Empirical Political Science, Prof. Dr. Achim Goerres, Department of Political Science at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Duisburg.
11/2015-09/2016: Post-Doctoral Researcher
German Centre for Higher Education Research and Science Studies (DZHW), Berlin.
04/2012-11/2015 Research and Teaching Associate (Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin)
Chair for German Politics and Political Sociology, Prof. Dr. Kai Arzheimer, Department of Political Science at the University of Mainz.
04/2011-03/2012 Research and Teaching Associate (Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin)
Chair for German Politics and Political Sociology, Prof. Dr. Jürgen W. Falter, Department of Political Science at the University of Mainz.
2005-2011 Internships and student jobs
- Infratest-dimap, Berlin, Election surveys (3 months)
- Europäische Akademie Berlin, Web administration/-programming (2 years)
- fabio tripicchio e-mail-marketing, Freiburg i.Br., Market research, Accounting, and Web administration/-programming (8 years)
- MSG Systems AG, Eschborn, Marketing assistent (1 year)
- Trainee at Aperto AG, Berlin, Brand Communications (3 months)
- Since 2020 Member of the Steering Committee of the ECPR Standing Group on Political Methodology
- Since 2019 Management Committee member of COST Action 16111 „International Ethnic and Immigrant Minorities‘ Survey Data Network“
- Since 2018 Speaker of the section „Methods of Political Science“ of the German Association of Political Science (DVPW)
- 2012-2015 Elected member of the institute board (Institutsvorstand), Department of Political Science, JGU Mainz
- 2012 Member of the appointment committee for the chair in Fachdidaktik, Department of Political Science, JGU Mainz
- Section Co-Chair: Electoral Politics at the ECPR Graduate Conferences in Tartu 2016 & Innsbruck 2014
- Panel Chair: ECPR General Conference Hamburg 2018, EPSA Annual Conference Vienna 2018, ECPR Graduate Conferences in Tartu 2016 & Innbruck 2014
Grants and Awards
- 2019, Research grant, Programme for excellent junior scientists at the University of Duisburg-Essen, 21,000 Euros
- 2017-2019 Member of the Global Young Faculty V
- 2014-2016 Junior member of the Gutenberg Academy for Young Researchers
- 2014 & 2016 Conference travel grants from the DAAD
- 2013, 2014, & 2015 Conference travel grants from the University of Mainz
- 2013 Research grant, Fritz Thyssen Stiftung (with Prof. Dr. Siegfried Schumann) ~30,000 Euros
Introduction to quanteda, Münster, Ken Benoît
Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Barcelona, Diana Zavala-Rojas
Introduction to Computational Text Analysis, Barcelona, Rochelle Terman
12.-17.08.2013 GESIS Summer School
Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling with MPLUS, Cologne, Jost Reinecke
14.-20.01.2013 ECPR Winter School in Methods and Techniques
Interpreting Binary Logistic Regression Models With Stata, Wien, Markus Wagner
Computer-based text analysis with wordscore / R, Mainz, William Lowe
15.-28.08.2009 Sommer School
Multivariate Analysis with SPSS, Universiteit Utrecht, Netherlands, Ellen Hamaker
+++: LimeSurvey, Stata, WordPress
++: ATLAS.ti, MAXQDA, MPLUS, SPSS
+++: LaTeX, R
++: Oracle SQL
German (native speaker), English (C1), French (B1), and Italian (A2)